IMPORTANT UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION
19. 2. 2021 - 14:00 In connection with the current pandemic situation in Slovakia, we expect problems with the delivery until the end of February. These are the areas of Martin, Stará Ľubovňa, and Spišská Nová Ves.
February 15, 2021 - 14:00 Heavy traffic on the border between the Czech Republic and Germany was caused by new measures. For this reason, there is a delay in import shipments heading to the Czech Republic.
28 December 2020 - 12:00 New measures have been in force in the Czech Republic since Sunday 27 December in relation to transition to level 5 of the anti-epidemic system.
If you operate a Parcelshop, the following rules apply:
• Opening hours have changed and retail sales are restricted between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 4:59 a.m.,
• 2 m distancing must still be observed,
• Queues of waiting customers must be split up using signs showing correct distancing,
• Only one customer is allowed per 15 m2,
• We recommend that you use our leaflet to provide information to customers.
These government orders are only an excerpt from the Government Resolution which will remain in force from 27 December 2020 until 10 January 2021, the full version of which can be found here.
December 21, 2020 - 11:00 am Please be informed that due to the fears about the spreading of the latest variant of corona virus, all inbound flows (Eurotunnel & ferries) were stopped, so there is now way to get parcels into GB. Therefore with immediate effect service to GB is fully terminated. Also already sent parcels are being returned. We are constantly monitoring the situation and will keep you informed.
October 27, 2020 - 9:00 am We monitor and constantly analyze the current situation and new government regulations. The operation of our depots and central transshipment facility continues without restrictions. Due to the regulations, some PPL ParcelShops may have limited business hours, however, as in the spring, most of them will continue to be open.
INFORMATION FOR RECIPIENTS
If your shipment is going to an address where you will not be present in the coming days, please check Shipment Tracking at www.ppl.cz whether the shipment is handed over for transport to PPL. Then enter a new delivery address (PIN can be found in the e-mail) at www.pplbalik.cz. Please note that if the shipment is already on delivery route, it is no longer possible to change the address and the shipment could be delivered to a PPL ParcelShop.
We ask all recipients to have their noses and mouths covered (mask, respirator, scarf, bandana, etc.), have their hands disinfected or washed, and keep as much distance as possible when in contact with our driver or the PPL ParcelShop staff. If you are expecting a cash on delivery shipment, use payment in advance or by card as much as possible. If you are in quarantine or isolation, inform the driver in advance.
INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS AND ONLINE SHOPS
Due to the current lockdown, we would like to ask you for cooperation. We are currently at the beginning of the Christmas season and we would like to continue to maintain the good quality of our services together with you. Here is how you can help us:
- If you expect larger volumes of shipments sent (above 30% of the normal volume), please let us know in advance.
- Distribute the number of shipments evenly over the individual days (Monday-Friday).
- Inform recipients that there may be a delay in delivery.
- Provide us with complete details of shipments (in particular e-mails as well as telephone numbers) so that we can communicate effectively with recipients.
- Remember to download the current PPL ParcelShop network regularly.
We try to respect all preventive regulations you and your clients have and meet your requirements to the maximum extent. If for any reason we are unable to comply despite all efforts, the driver will inform you about the storage of the shipment(s) at the depot, where they will be returned to the sender after the expiry of the standard storage period.
INFORMATION FOR PARCEL SHOPS
The government has ordered the closure of stores from 22 October 2020, with a valid exemption for third-party delivery points, which will make it possible to maintain at least partial operation of your outlets.
If your store stays open
We remind you of the mutually valid rules for the transfer of shipments between our drivers and PPL ParcelShop staff:
- The partner and the driver scan the shipments in the outlet separately (not together).
- Continue asking the driver for the QR code and the recipient for the PIN code.
- The driver does not have to sign the mobile app for the PPL ParcelShop staff, and the staff do not have to sign it for the driver - both only note the name of the other party.
- Always keep a distance of at least two meters from each other.
- Hand over the cash for collected cash on delivery items to the driver ideally in an envelope.
If your store closes
You have received a message in the myParcelShop application asking you to report closure, if relevant, to your specialist. We will contact the recipient of uncollected packages with information on the next steps. We ask you for maximum cooperation when picking up shipments at your premises.
CURRENT HYGIENIC MEASURES IN PPL
In order to minimize the risks, we canceled personal collection and mailings at all PPL backbone depots.
The health of our customers and employees comes first. All drivers are trained to protect themselves and customers when delivering shipments, while respecting our customers' precautionary measures. They have disposable gloves, gel disinfection, masks or respirators and a spray for disinfecting payment terminals and scanners. We have introduced contactless delivery.
We observe a number of measures at our workplaces. We have increased the intensity of cleaning and disinfection beyond the standard level. Ozone disinfection also takes place at the central transshipment facility and all branches every week. We have installed plexiglass barriers in places where safe distance cannot be maintained. In our premises, it is required to cover the mouth and nose with suitable protection and to use disinfection of hands and maintain a two-meter distance.
We have moved most personal meetings to online meetings, foreign trips are prohibited, and we use home-office for our office staff. When the shift starts at the workplace, we measure everyone's temperature. We have increased the number of pick-up buses.
Last but not least, we use various communication channels and print information leaflets to inform our employees, customers and partners about the current government regulations and measures implemented in PPL. We are working on the preparation of possible scenarios should the situation get worse, so that we are as well prepared as possible. We follow all recommendations of state authorities and our parent company, Deutsche Post DHL.