12. 3. 2021
PPL CZ s.r.o. performs regular testing of its employees for the presence of COVID-19 in line with the government regulations. We have set up a testing infrastructure across all of our branches and have at our own cost facilitated antigen testing for all of our workers who are part of the forwarding process in PPL, i.e. drivers and also third-party handlers. Strict safety measures apply when entering PPL premises.
PPL respects the government regulations and has over the long term been particular about compliance with preventive and hygiene measures (protective equipment, distancing, disinfection, appealing for contactless delivery and increasing the frequency of cleaning, etc.).
Wishing you the best of health. We are certain that together we will soon be able to get this whole situation under control.
1. 3. 2021
Due to the inauspicious development of the COVID-19 pandemic, a new state of emergency will be in force from 1 March until 28 March and we are writing to let you know about the current situation.
INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS
Experience gained during previous lockdowns tells us that we can now again expect an increase in interest in the e-commerce segment. Also relating to this is of course an increase in interest in the services of forwarding companies.
We would like to assure you that the whole of our PPL forwarding network is fully operational and that we are doing our utmost to ensure that your parcels are delivered intact and on time.
Delivery of parcels to pick-up points, so-called Parcelshops, has not been suspended. The situation may however arise that a few dozen pick-up points are temporarily closed at this moment in time. We are continuously gathering up-to-date information about operation or closure of individual Parcelshops and updating this on our website.
INFORMATION FOR OPERATORS OF PARCELSHOPS
If you operate a Parcelshop and if you have any questions, please contact IT Help. They will be happy to help you.
We do not register any other new restrictions in the field of international forwarding at this moment in time. However, checks are still in place at the border with Germany and drivers also have to provide a negative antigen test.
HYGIENE MEASURES – LET’S ACT CONSIDERATELY TOWARDS EACH OTHER
The health of our customers and employees is the most important thing. Compliance with hygiene measures is crucial. We kindly ask that you have your nose covered with a respirator during contact with our drivers, that you maintain a safe distance and do not forget to disinfect your hands before any contact with them.
All drivers are trained how to protect themselves and customers while delivering parcels and to respect all of the preventive measures which are in place. They have protective aids and disinfectant at their disposal and we comply with a wide range of measures at our workplaces – increased frequency of cleaning, ozone disinfection, disinfection stations, covering of the nose and mouth using suitable means of protection and observing distancing, etc.
Let us please all act considerately towards each other. We are doing our best to ensure your safety and kindly ask that you do the same to ensure the safety of our employees. Thank you!
OVERVIEW OF ALL NEW MEASURES
The new state of emergency is in force until 28 March and an overview of all of the measures issued by the Government of the Czech Republic can be found here
We are certain that together we will soon be able to get this situation under control.
COVID MEASURES IN PPL
The health of our employees and customers is the most important thing. Compliance with hygiene and safety measures is of crucial importance to PPL.
We are particular not only about compliance with strict hygiene measures, but also prevention. All of our employees, workers and contractual carriers and their drivers are regularly provided information and training regarding these issues.
We provide them protective aids, disinfectant and we comply with a wide range of measures at our workplaces – increased frequency of cleaning, ozone disinfection, disinfection stations, covering of the nose and mouth using suitable means of protection and observing distancing, etc.
NEW COVID MEASURES IN FORCE FROM 1 MARCH 2021
• On the basis of new measures issued by the Government of the Czech Republic, our workers have been provided administrative support (confirmation, specimen affidavit forms for use within the framework of restriction of free movement).
• Within the framework of measures for minimisation of social contact, we have made it possible for admin workers to work from home and have moved all business trips, meetings and training sessions to an online environment.
• We have introduced increased disinfection of workplaces in operations. We have minimised the number of workers present in one place, ensure distancing and a one-way input-output regime in our depots, etc.
• Only FFP2/KN95 respirators or disposable surgical masks are permitted at PPL workplaces and we regularly replenish these according to stock levels. We really are particular about compliance with the general rules for wearing of these masks at the workplace.
• Starting on 1 March, quarantine / isolation is extended from 10 to 14 days.
MAIN RULES IN PPL DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC:
• We continue to be particular about ensuring the maximum possible levels of prevention and hygiene.
• We thoroughly comply with the 3 MAIN RULES (wearing of face masks, washing and disinfection of hands and maintaining safe distancing).
• Distancing of at least 1.5 metres is recommended; if possible, 2 metres or more.
• We are particular about ensuring that our workers use disinfectant before entering the PPL workplace and that CO2 monitors are distributed around our depots.
• We emphasis our preference for use of card payments when communicating with recipients or customers.
• We hold meetings, consultation and training sessions using online platforms.
• In justified cases, we reimburse PPL employees even for a repeated COVID-19 test.
• Our HR Department provides thorough information support
19. 2. 2021 - 14:00 In connection with the current pandemic situation in Slovakia, we expect problems with the delivery until the end of February. These are the areas of Martin, Stará Ľubovňa, and Spišská Nová Ves.
February 15, 2021 - 14:00 Heavy traffic on the border between the Czech Republic and Germany was caused by new measures. For this reason, there is a delay in import shipments heading to the Czech Republic.
28 December 2020 - 12:00 New measures have been in force in the Czech Republic since Sunday 27 December in relation to transition to level 5 of the anti-epidemic system.
If you operate a Parcelshop, the following rules apply:
• Opening hours have changed and retail sales are restricted between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 4:59 a.m.,
• 2 m distancing must still be observed,
• Queues of waiting customers must be split up using signs showing correct distancing,
• Only one customer is allowed per 15 m2,
• We recommend that you use our leaflet to provide information to customers.
These government orders are only an excerpt from the Government Resolution which will remain in force from 27 December 2020 until 10 January 2021, the full version of which can be found here.
December 21, 2020 - 11:00 am Please be informed that due to the fears about the spreading of the latest variant of corona virus, all inbound flows (Eurotunnel & ferries) were stopped, so there is now way to get parcels into GB. Therefore with immediate effect service to GB is fully terminated. Also already sent parcels are being returned. We are constantly monitoring the situation and will keep you informed.
October 27, 2020 - 9:00 am We monitor and constantly analyze the current situation and new government regulations. The operation of our depots and central transshipment facility continues without restrictions. Due to the regulations, some PPL ParcelShops may have limited business hours, however, as in the spring, most of them will continue to be open.
INFORMATION FOR RECIPIENTS
If your shipment is going to an address where you will not be present in the coming days, please check Shipment Tracking at www.ppl.cz whether the shipment is handed over for transport to PPL. Then enter a new delivery address (PIN can be found in the e-mail) at www.pplbalik.cz. Please note that if the shipment is already on delivery route, it is no longer possible to change the address and the shipment could be delivered to a PPL ParcelShop.
We ask all recipients to have their noses and mouths covered (mask, respirator, scarf, bandana, etc.), have their hands disinfected or washed, and keep as much distance as possible when in contact with our driver or the PPL ParcelShop staff. If you are expecting a cash on delivery shipment, use payment in advance or by card as much as possible. If you are in quarantine or isolation, inform the driver in advance.
INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS AND ONLINE SHOPS
Due to the current lockdown, we would like to ask you for cooperation. We are currently at the beginning of the Christmas season and we would like to continue to maintain the good quality of our services together with you. Here is how you can help us:
- If you expect larger volumes of shipments sent (above 30% of the normal volume), please let us know in advance.
- Distribute the number of shipments evenly over the individual days (Monday-Friday).
- Inform recipients that there may be a delay in delivery.
- Provide us with complete details of shipments (in particular e-mails as well as telephone numbers) so that we can communicate effectively with recipients.
- Remember to download the current PPL ParcelShop network regularly.
We try to respect all preventive regulations you and your clients have and meet your requirements to the maximum extent. If for any reason we are unable to comply despite all efforts, the driver will inform you about the storage of the shipment(s) at the depot, where they will be returned to the sender after the expiry of the standard storage period.
INFORMATION FOR PARCEL SHOPS
The government has ordered the closure of stores from 22 October 2020, with a valid exemption for third-party delivery points, which will make it possible to maintain at least partial operation of your outlets.
If your store stays open
We remind you of the mutually valid rules for the transfer of shipments between our drivers and PPL ParcelShop staff:
- The partner and the driver scan the shipments in the outlet separately (not together).
- Continue asking the driver for the QR code and the recipient for the PIN code.
- The driver does not have to sign the mobile app for the PPL ParcelShop staff, and the staff do not have to sign it for the driver - both only note the name of the other party.
- Always keep a distance of at least two meters from each other.
- Hand over the cash for collected cash on delivery items to the driver ideally in an envelope.
If your store closes
You have received a message in the myParcelShop application asking you to report closure, if relevant, to your specialist. We will contact the recipient of uncollected packages with information on the next steps. We ask you for maximum cooperation when picking up shipments at your premises.
CURRENT HYGIENIC MEASURES IN PPL
In order to minimize the risks, we canceled personal collection and mailings at all PPL backbone depots.
The health of our customers and employees comes first. All drivers are trained to protect themselves and customers when delivering shipments, while respecting our customers' precautionary measures. They have disposable gloves, gel disinfection, masks or respirators and a spray for disinfecting payment terminals and scanners. We have introduced contactless delivery.
We observe a number of measures at our workplaces. We have increased the intensity of cleaning and disinfection beyond the standard level. Ozone disinfection also takes place at the central transshipment facility and all branches every week. We have installed plexiglass barriers in places where safe distance cannot be maintained. In our premises, it is required to cover the mouth and nose with suitable protection and to use disinfection of hands and maintain a two-meter distance.
We have moved most personal meetings to online meetings, foreign trips are prohibited, and we use home-office for our office staff. When the shift starts at the workplace, we measure everyone's temperature. We have increased the number of pick-up buses.
Last but not least, we use various communication channels and print information leaflets to inform our employees, customers and partners about the current government regulations and measures implemented in PPL. We are working on the preparation of possible scenarios should the situation get worse, so that we are as well prepared as possible. We follow all recommendations of state authorities and our parent company, Deutsche Post DHL.